Sooo many strategies are available to drop that last ten pounds, I'm going to list a few that have worked (and if you are wondering why I need more than one, it's because I am always re-gaining that "last ten pounds," over time, and then forget how I've lost it in the first place).
- Replace processed sugar with beet sugar. A good friend reminded me of this the other day, after I'd successfully gone 4 days without regular sugar. She kindly told me that one "must not live without sugar." Use this instead. It will help you drop about 1.5-2 pounds per week.
- Add arm and leg weights to your daily activities, or exercise efforts. This is a no brainer. The material is soft and the weight manageable at 2 lbs for the wrists (one for each) and then 5 lb for the ankles. Sometimes I'll use this on the treadmill for at least 40 min to an hour. Alternatively, if I'm not hitting the cardio, I make a point to put them on for an hour while I'm moving around the house. It's burning extra calories and I don't have to think about it. The bonus is my arms and legs feel weightless when they are removed.
- **note on these--I've purchased and given away many types that DON'T work. The wrist ones that go around the thumbs are irritating because I want to be able to move my wrists and thumbs, wash my hands, or whatever. ignore those. Further, I don't like having the ones that go up to my elbows. They make me sweat. yuck. Last, the round bands that lack the adjustable Velcro means I can't adjust for a thick or thin wrist--the same goes for ankles. The link I put in was for ankles, but they are all the same-- and the selection ranges from 1- 10 depending on the brand.
- Drink more water. About 4 wks ago, I plateaued. My trainer upped my water from 1 gallon to 1.5 gallons. No, it didn't make me crave salt. It just made me go to the bathroom more, but it also helped me shed another 2 pounds.
- Add 1 lemon to the water, and 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice (natural and not from concentrate. Both are natural diuretics. Get the cranberry in the natural section, and make sure it's not from concentrate, no sugar added.
- Get 8 hours of sleep. This is the final frontier, and very hard, but worth it. The body can't process and rejunivate. When I couldn't kick the last 10 pounds, it was because I was getting about 6 hours. When I was able to up it, all was well.
|We call them "Scooby naps" in our house|